Booking InformationAnd why book with us?
On this page you will find all the details you need to make booking a holiday as easy as possible. However, if you prefer at any stage to call us instead, we’d love to talk to you.
Call us on 01473 599084.
We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
You can view your quote and make a booking by logging in to your account on My Tribes.My Tribes
What to do to book a trip
- If you already have an itinerary which we have recently quoted for you and you want to book, please either call or email us, or follow the booking process on My Tribes.
- To request a holiday quote or price confirmation from us, please either call or email us, or use our enquiry form
What we do next
- Once you are happy with our proposed itinerary, we will ask you to read our booking conditions, complete our booking form and send this to us with the required deposit (or full payment if you are booking within 10 weeks of departure). You can view the booking conditions and complete the booking form online by going to My Tribes.
- We then send you a receipt and begin to book your holiday arrangements.
- Once the services are confirmed to us from all the relevant hotels etc, we will send you confirmation of your final itinerary and cost. Please note that up until this point we cannot guarantee that the services you want will be available. For this reason, some changes may be needed at this stage, such as an amendment to the order of the itinerary or perhaps different accommodation. If we cannot confirm what you want and you do not want the alternative arrangements we suggest, we will return your deposit.
- Once we confirm your services your deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable, and any future changes may incur costs.
- We will send you an Information Pack with all your holiday information. If there are any final documents these will be sent to you about 10 days before you leave.
All our holidays are priced individually. At the time you make an enquiry we give you a quote for your required itinerary and this will vary according to the accommodation used, the time of year you are travelling and the exchange rates at the time we give you the quote.
Our website prices are based on the accommodation specified in each suggested itinerary, usually in a standard category room. It is also based on the prevailing currency exchange rates at the time of publishing. Currently we are seeing extraordinary volatility in exchange rates and this will affect the price we are able to offer you when we give you a quote. Our website prices should be considered as a guide price and do not constitute an offer to sell any given itinerary at a particular price.
Once you’ve booked, we guarantee that you will not be subject to any surcharge due to exchange rate fluctuations.
In Tanzania, park fees can rise without notice. We reserve the right to pass on these park fee increases.
Why book with us?
We are an established company: Tanzania Specialists is brought to you by Tribes Travel. We were founded in 1998, so we have 20 years of experience in this field. We remain an independent, family-run company, under the directorship of Guy and Amanda Marks.
You are financially protected: We offer you financial protection through our ATOL licence and ABTOT bonding. Read more details here
We are experts: We’ve been doing this a long time, and we really know Tanzania. When contacting us you will have a consultant that will see you through the process of choosing the right trip, and getting all the information you need. We also draw on a huge numbers of in-country specialists that we work closely with.
We are also members of AITO (Association of Independent Tour Operators) whose Quality Charter we follow.
We offer value for money: We understand you want value for money and believe we deliver this. We really don’t want to send you somewhere that is not right for you, so we work hard to organise a trip that is what you want. This does not necessarily mean we offer cheap holidays,
Tanzania is sadly not a cheap destination, but we want you to come home feeling that the holiday you had was absolutely worth what you paid. We try to stick to the budget you give us, but if we can’t do it for the price you want, we will tell you honestly.
We take your safety seriously and offer back-up: When you book with us you are given various contact details both of our partners in the country you’re going to, and also direct to us here in the UK – we have a 24-hour emergency phone.
We have a responsible attitude to your safety and undergo training to ensure we can cope with any emergencies to the best of our ability.
We care about Tanzania: We try very hard to promote places and services which benefit the environment, wildlife and people of this country, and on the other hand, prefer not to back experiences which can be damaging.
We use Twiga the Giraffe to flag up places which have good policies – read more here
Self confessed Africa-lover, but keen on all new travel experiences, Amanda is passionate about getting to know different cultures.
Tracy was been born and spent her youth in South Africa, the draw of the animals, the people and wilds of Africa have always run through her veins.
Sinead caught the travel bug following a year out after university. She has worked in the travel industry ever since, and visited many countries including South Africa, Tanzania, Botswana and Namibia.
The African dust is firmly planted in Chris’s heart. Born in Tanzania she spent much of her childhood in and around Ruaha. Travel and safari was part of life and through into adulthood fun and travel has never left her.